DreamA Protruded Lips Surgery?
The protruding alveolar bone and teeth make the lips protruded. Therefore, orthodontics alone is not enough to make a difference. In this situation, the bone itself needs to be corrected by a surgery.
Pushing 'A point' (a protruded part of the alveolar bone beneath the philtrum of the upper jaw) inwards properly is the most important thing in protruded lips surgery. The protruded ‘A point’ causes a so-called ‘monkey mouth’ (longer and wider philtrum, thicker lips, exposed gum). DreamA Protruded Lips Surgery (pushing the 'A point' inwards properly) can solve these issues at one time.
Dream Plastic Surgery's DreamA Protruded Lips Surgery completes a beautiful mouth shape with a thorough mock surgery and elaborate surgery planning. Our ‘One-Stop System’ provides systematic treatment services from dealing with the alveolar bone, teeth, upper and lower jaw generally (medical specialists in facial contouring and orthodontics cooperate on diagnosing) to an orthodontic treatment after surgery.
DreamA Protruded Lips Surgery Features
Mock Surgery as Important as Real Surgery - mock surgery (virtual operation)
In protruded lips surgery, treating a mouth shape as important as an eye shape in facial impression, facial impressions created can vary with a delicate difference. A mock surgery (using a real patient's gum model) as well as computer simulation are essential for dealing with the delicate difference successfully.
A virtual operation is used to check if it would be possible to create a beautiful mouth shape without side effects (overcorrection and undercorrection). According to the mock surgery, if 'A point' (the most protruded part of alveolar beneath the philtrum) can be pushed in properly, the real surgery is expected to be successful.
Effective Cooperation with Medical Specialist in Orthodontics on Diagnosing – cooperation with the dentist
Protruded Lips Surgery needs an alveolar-bone shifting and orthodontics after surgery. Therefore, an effective cooperation with a medical specialist in orthodontics (responsible for it after surgery)
on diagnosing is crucial. If a medical specialist in orthodontics participates in a virtual operation and creating an overall surgery plan, the results can be better. Dream Plastic Surgery provides meticulous care and more satisfactory surgery results through the cooperation with Dream Dentistry on diagnosing.
Notices Before Protruded Lips Surgery
- Final orthodontics is generally needed after a protruded lips surgery with a tooth extraction (6 months or so on average).
- The surgery is often performed with a square jaw surgery and zygoma reduction simultaneously.
- Those had an orthodontics after a tooth extraction in the past cannot have a protruded lips surgery with a tooth extraction.
- Instead, their not perfectly corrected protruded lips can be corrected through a double-jaw surgery.
- If the chin looks very short due to the protruded lips, a single protruded lips surgery can make the chin look better or a simple surgery or treatment can correct the chin line.