Pointed Chin Surgery?
A protruded chin is often called a 'Pointed Chin'. The lower chin looks protruded if the lower chin has overgrown or the upper chin has grown less. A person with a pointed chin looks fierce, stubborn, which often makes her anxious.
Pointed Chin with Malocclusion & Crossbite
Pointed Chin generally has malocclusion or crossbite (a misalignment of teeth relation between the upper and lower front teeth or molars). In this situation, both a surgery and orthodontics should be done at the same time. A double jaw surgery or bimaxillary operation is performed. Nowadays it is normal that a surgery is done first, and then following the orthodontics.
Protruded Pointed Chin with Normal Occlusion
A protruded pointed chin with normal occlusion normally has a skeletal protrusion rather than a dentoalveolar protrusion. It can be thought that a chin surgery is enough for this sort of chin, but correcting the chin only is not satisfactory in appearance. In this case, a double-jaw surgery can make a difference.
Patients for Surgery
- Those with a long and large face and chin, an underjaw more prominent than the lips.
- Those with a low mid-face.
- Those with the lower teeth more prominent than the upper teeth and malocclusion, causing chewing difficultie.
- Those with malocclusion, causing pronunciation difficulties.
- Those with normal occlusion and the chin much longer than the face.
- Orthodontics alone cannot shift the bones of the face, but the teeth only, which means the imperfect correction of the pointed chin. Pointed Chin Surgery ensures the perfect correction as both the jawbone and teeth are dealt with.
- Even if you had your teeth straightened when young, your pointed chin can be corrected by double-jaw surgery.
- Our superior eye for beauty is used to create the optimum shape and angle harmonious with the overall face shape.
- Not only the pointed chin surgery, but the malar reduction, berry-line surgery, prominent lips surgery, and asymmetry correction, if necessary, are alsoperformed to create an ideal face you have dreamed of.
Notices Before Pointed Chin Surgery
- An orthodontics cannot shift the bones of the face, but the teeth only, which means the pointed chin cannot be corrected.
- Even if you had your teeth straightened when young, your facial appearance can be improved through a double-jaw surgery.
- Not only the pointed chin surgery, but the malar reduction, square jaw reduction, prominent lips surgery, and asymmetry correction can be performed simultaneously.